Sea Watch is ideal for two families or groups of friends to come together; but it also works very well for smaller numbers as the top floor need not be used. Open-plan living space is a wonderful feature of this house, so space is never an issue and access straight out to the garden is ideal in the warmer months and for summer barbecues.
Situated on the North Norfolk coast, a place of “Outstanding Natural Beauty’, it’s only minutes away from Salthouse beach and a short drive to the sandy expanses of others. But maybe sun and sand are not why you want to visit North-Norfolk and you are more interested in history, bird-watching, walking and cycling for miles – or perhaps you’re great foodies? Whatever your agenda, there’s just so much to do and see, both in the Summer and Winter months. Sea Watch is an ideal base for all of these interests, but it’s also cosy and comfortable if you have no agenda and just want to stay-put and relax.
After muddy and sandy days out at the beach you can hose down the children outside and pop them straight into a spacious downstairs shower. In fact, the whole house has been designed to be easy to look after. There is a large boot room to throw everything into and then simply shut the door!
When the nights draw in there is a wood-burning stove, large comfy sofas to curl up on and oil-fired under-floor heating too!
Children – and adults – can tuck themselves away in their own separate snug with TV, books and games, so everyone feels like they have enough space to do their thing.
The kitchen is very well fitted with an induction range cooker, dishwasher, under-counter fridge and good quality crockery and utensils; so, everything you need to take advantage of the wonderful local food products. A large utility room next to the kitchen has a washing machine, butler’s sink and drying facilities. It also houses the huge fridge-freezer so you can stock up on ice cream and goodies that you may wish to return home with.
This is the kind of kitchen that allows you to feel part of what’s going as it’s open plan design overlooks the dining area and lounge, soit really is the ‘heart of the home’.
- An attractive porch and hall open into an open-plan living room with TV and DVD, two sofas, plenty of armchairs and a large dining table that seats ten.
- The kitchen is also open-plan with a breakfast bar so it’s an ideal space for guests to gather, cook, chat and relax.
- The playroom is separate with a sofa, table and chairs, and shelves with a larger TV, DVD, books and games. There is also a ground floor shower room, separate utility room and boot room.
Bedrooms (6 in all – but up to 10 guests only please at any one time)
All six bedrooms have wonderful views – either out over the marshes to the sea at the front, or over lovely open countryside and hills at the back.
- Two double and two king-size bedrooms (one with en suite shower room) with fitted wardrobes and shelves.
- A modern family bathroom with shower over the bath.
- Two twin-bedded rooms with a small modern family bathroom with hand-held shower only.
There’s a large sun-trap patio with huge sliding doors from the sitting room, the dining room, as well as the kitchen. Perfect for BBQ’s and dining outside, or perhaps a game of table tennis. The garden beyond is pebbled with more seating areas, a summerhouse and abundant planting. The whole area is very secure so you don’t have to worry about children crawling through fence holes or escaping through bushes!
- A large summerhouse with comfortable chairs, loungers etc. etc.
- Three outside tables with a number of chairs and a gas BBQ.
- A folding table tennis table.
- Three outside taps with hoses
- Parking for up to five cars on the pebbled forecourt. Safe bike storage etc.
- No smoking. Sadly, no pets.